I'm getting really confused with what I've written on this blog and what I haven't... Did I tell you I'd set up a bank account?... Anyway, I did. Without my NIE.
On Wednesday and Thursday I was working at school and in between lessons I managed to go back to the Foreigners Office, pick up a piece of paper, go to the bank with it, pay €10, get it stamped, go back to the Foreigners Office and then I finally got a certificate with my NIE. Long winded, but at least I shouldn't have any problems when the time comes for me to get paid.
I just need to go back to the bank and let them know my NIE (if only they would have told me the number before I went to the bank to pay €10 I could have told them then). Lots of unecessary running around, that actually happens to be quite necessary!
To add to my paper frustration I needed to register as a resident here in Melilla, mainly in order to receive the 50% discount on the flight from here back to mainland Spain.
After massive complications which I won't bore you with, the ball is rolling for that too. I need to go back next week to pick up my 'citizen certificate'.
I've also started my private lessons. The boy of 8 speaks better English than I do Spanish and so it was quite difficult trying to explain some things. We sat in their living room at the dining table - looking out across the sea. Mmmmm! I had the girl of 10 on Thursday (his sister) and I helped her revise for her 'I have got' conjugation exam that she had today. I plan to do get some games made up so I can entertain them a bit more and make it all a bit more fun.
Other than that everything seems to be sinking into the norm, going for runs in Los Pinos with Brain, sitting in and watching TV, going to school and private lessons each night.
Alberto came back from the bank holiday weekend on Wednesday but I've hardly seen him as he works 8am - 10pm. It was his birthday yesterday so we went out for a few drinks, pretty much the same as last Thursday - it was cool.
I don't know how I'm going to keep up this blogging throughout the year because I think I'm going to run out of things to say...! Maybe I'll start going down to one blog entry a week?... What do the people say?!
I dont think U should be a slave to your blog Stace, as interesting as they R and how we enjoy reading them , think U need time to enjoy other adventures, so Y not make it once week.? Luv Ya. Nanny J. xx.
ReplyDelete