The start of the week went well. I met my last housemate, David. He's pretty cool and even made me dinner one night! He spends most of his time on his computer in the living room or on the phone in the kitchen to his girlfriend. He's from Zaragoza but stays here most of the time unless he has a good bunch of holiday time all bundled into one.
I also met up with a lovely Hungarian girl called Niki who Charlotte (an assistant from last year) recommended me to get in touch with. We had coffee, whilst getting hassled by numerous beggars trying to sell sunglasses/socks/watches/pens - it was nice!
I spoke to the guy at the sailing port about windsurfing lessons again and I just need to find one more person. We'd have a lessons on Fridays and then once we know how to do it we can go and rent out the boat(?!) and go whenever we like.
I went back to the office where I filled out all the paper work for my residency discount as the said my certificate of residency would be ready on Thursday. It wasn't so I'm still waiting until I have my discount code to book my flights.
My lesson with Dunia's kids didn't go too well this week. When I arrived on Wednesday the kids told me that their mother had said that I should stay two hours as they were unavailable on the Thursday. Luckily I didn't have any other lessons so I could do. When the first hour passed and I needed to switch kids the little boy had a sulk and wouldn't come to the table. I didn't really know what to do - whether to ring the mother or to go back the next day... In the end I left and asked the little girl to get her mother to call me. Dunia didn't call but when I texted her the next day she said to go round at 6.30p. Again, luckily I didn't have any other lessons. Hope this isn't the start of things to come...
Thursday night was the usual night out with Alberto and his friends. I've spoken to him about my birthday and asked what we could do but he explained he's going to be in Madrid. He made his friends promise him that they'd call me on 5th and get me out with them, which was sweet! They're all so friendly! I had a lovely Spanish swear word lesson too - always handy!
Annalisa had a house party last night but I felt so tired after Thursday that I dipped out. It was a bad move as I could have met lots of new people and mingled a bit more with Annalisa's housemates but I was just in a chilled mood, drinking cups of tea and relaxing.
Not much else going on this week - was looking forward to hitting the beach with a book but believe it or not, it's raining! It's still in the 20s but it's gradually getting colder.
So... A weekend minging out in bed, watching English series' on my computer. It's no good for my Spanish but it is nice to do nothing!...
No comments:
Post a Comment