The last few days have been busy, busy, busy!
After a second night of kids screaming and even the teacher trying to come into my room to wake the kids up that were in the room next door (lucky I had the lock on so she soon realised she was at the wrong door) I got up early Sunday morning and abandoned any hope of extra shut-eye!
I went down to breakfast and ate amongst the screaming kids - a bread roll, butter, jam and some juice. Sufficient.
I headed back to my room knowing that Annalisa had arrived. I studied my newspaper for a few hours whilst I waited for the sun to come out from behind the clouds. I'd managed to email a few people about flats and had arranged to meet one guy at 4pm at his flat in the neighbourhood of 'El Real'. Annalisa came down to my room, we met, went into town and got some tapas and drinks and she accompanied me to this flat.
We got lost on the way. So we rang the guy and asked for directions. As soon as he started explaining where to go I had to pass the phone to Annalisa - I didn't understand a word! He said he'd pick us up. Cool. So we waited in front of the police station and then it hit me. Not cool. We don't know this guy from Adam. The decision was made, if he was dodgy or anything we weren't getting in that car.
He turned up with his girlfriend in a posh Kia (yes, I didn't know that existed either) and parked up near the flat. We walked through one security gate, round the corner and in the middle of the courtyard was a swimming pool. Sweet! He explained there are two other flatmates. A guy that works at the airport - he's hardly there apparantly, and a policeman who works shifts. He showed us around his cool, very modern flat - nice clean kitchen with posh appliances, airy living room, slightly cluttered bathroom and then there was a problem...
He showed me my bedroom door, but we had to walk through another room to get there. The other room was another bedroom which I assumed to be mine. It was his. The landlord lives in the flat too so policeman, airport man and landlord. Then he showed me my room. Through his bedroom and past a sliding door... It's currently a dressing room and he's knocking out one wall of wardrobes to make extra space, then filling in the wall where the sliding doors are so as 'I don't hear anything'! (I hope you're visualing this - the layout that is...) There's a little balcony and a desk that will stay in there too.
He said that as I'm staying in the hostel I can move in early, stay in the policeman's room (he's been informed that this will happen - he'll be on holiday) and then can move into the dressing room/my room on Monday when it will be complete and will start paying rent from the Monday. €280 per month everything included.
He and his girlfriend then dropped us back to the hostel (the other side of town) and I said I'd let him know later. I've spoken to him since and can move in on Thursday.
Me and Annalisa had a night in on Sunday night flat hunting then for her. Unfortunately I'm going to have to keep paying per night at the hostel until Thursday but you'll be pleased to know the kids left and the nights are silent.
So you didn't want to get in a random guy's car but you're happy to sleep in his closet? ;)
ReplyDeleteArgh - I don't know who Anonymous is.... You're going to have to sign off your comments, guys!
ReplyDeleteHaha I didn't realise you could put a name. Still, you haven't answered my question haha!
ReplyDeleteYes, his closet is at present getting ripped out as I type. Will update blog a little later so you know where I'm at.
ReplyDeleteWatch out for Knicker nickers!
ReplyDeleteNot surprisingly this was one of the first things that went through my mind when I took the flat!!! I have told the boys the story and warned them not to mess with me!
ReplyDelete