Sunday, 20 February 2011

All change

After Christmas I had planned to move flat. Annalisa's housemate was moving to Nottingham and I could skank her room for the time she's gone. I warned my landlord that I would be moving with a months notice before the joyful festive season and had two days back in my old flat after Christmas before he needed me out ready for his new housemate moving in. I had a week of waiting for my new room to free up so crashed on my mates' sofa for a week with my bags blocking up their front door. This is the reason that my blog has been suffering and I am now trying to redeem myself!

I live with Annalisa, a girl from the Canary Islands and another girl from Andalusia. Over Christmas Annalisa and I bought piggy banks for one another. The idea is that if I speak English I put money in her piggy bank and if she speaks English she puts money in mine. Needless to say it isn't working, nobody's paying any money and we're both plain poop! I'd like to take this opportunity to openly hold Annalisa responsible for the consequent lack of Spanish going down in the flat (Yeah?! You want to chat back?! No English shouting from your bedroom please - s'what she normally does - I'll charge you! Feel very free to comment, however! :-P)


So.... I now have a new address and telephone number for anyone that may want/need them. I also now have a very short walk to school (only 10 minutes as opposed to 30), am paying less rent and can nip back when I have a two hour break at school for a kip! Pukka!

4 comments:

  1. Nice to read you back.
    Did you manage to choose between all universities you wantes to / did apply ?
    Had a look but tickets are really expensive to come to visit ! =(
    You know you re welcome in France whenever you want. Birthday party likely to take place on 19th of june week end.
    Trying to find my way through all difficulties to get a job. Pole emploi is my best friend right now !
    Hope everything is fine for you =)
    Keep blogging !
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. your going to have to have Siesta Sangria now trace!! or would that not be ethical if you have to go back to school in the afternoon....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsers. That's a lot to catch-up on - but worth the wait. Don't think I've told you I'm very impressed with your writing style. Makes me look forward to reading it, rather than dread it, when I see how much there is :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie, je vais essayer de postuler pour deux ou trois universites mais des autres durent 2 ans au moins ou je dois payer pour m'inscrire. Cependant, ma coeur est a Westminster mais je dois projetter pour voir si c'est possible avec des frais et tout.
    Super sympa que vous avez regarde les billets. J'ai parle avec ta mere l'autre jour parce que je crois qu'elle pensait de visitir mais c'est vrai que c'est cher. Moi, j'ai une reduction car je suis residente ici.
    Je reve de retourner en France pour ton anniv mais je crois que ce ne serait pas possible. Je vais travailler a Londres 3 mois sans etre payee et du coup je dois economiser le plus que possible. Mais au fait, quand je suis a Londres vous pouvez venir me rendre visite! :-)
    Courage pour le recherche de travail - tu ne devrais pas avoir de probleme - putain de crise!

    Chone, waiting for the sun to come out to get the sangria on the go and unfortunately not as much time as I thought for siesta! There's the sea and sand...!

    Wobin, awwww! Gee, thanks! Cristobal's the one that normally tells me that! Hopefully the pictures make it a little bit more appealing too!

    ReplyDelete