Tuesday, 16 November 2010

Catch up time - Halloween

OK. I suck. I'm lame. Call me what you want... I have no excuse!

I've missed out on sixteen days and so consequently am going to have to divide this big, burdening cloud of typing into a few different sessions. This means that everything will chronologically be turned upside down but hopefully you can all understand!...

Last you heard from me I was getting pretty bored of Bank Holiday weekends but I'm now beginning to take full advantage and mix with my ever-growing social circle. Following on from my last entry...

The Sunday night was Halloween and I was thinking about Chrissy lots (it was around about Halloween last year that we met and I was feeling sorry for myself!). I decided to drink my sorrows away and Annalisa and I have been frequenting one bar in particular where we have got quite friendly with the barman. He gave us a free shot before we left last time and this time he was bringing us out complementary tapas (unfortunately seafood, which I was discretely passing to Annalisa after she'd finished her own plate!). I explained that I was on a downer and he left the bottle of red with us, made us another special shot (with gummy sweets and whipped cream?!) and we warmed up for Halloween shenanigans!

We tottered back to Annalisa's house and got ready in super, Flash Gordon timing (one hour). Within that one hour I got attacked by Annalisa's pet mosquitoes which was so great... I love it when mosquitoes bite me...
We'd all decided to dress up as pirates and had gone to the local discount store a few days before to pick up bits and bobs. We got slightly carried away painting our faces (I blame the red wine) and moseyed our way out to the port dressed like idiots...

Photo taken at Annalisa's mosquito ridden appartment before we went out

Needless to say, another good night was had by all (minus the mosquito bites).


When I went back to school on the Tuesday I was told that the teachers meal was in fact going to be Friday 12th November and not on my birthday and so I started to accept that I was going to be all alone on my birthday in my bedroom with my friends Blair, Serena and Chuck Bass (Gossip Girl characters).

However, that didn't turn out to be the case...
(I used to love a good, old cliffhanger!)

No comments:

Post a Comment